The article raises the issues of quality translation, proficiency to be acquired during the ESP course at a technical university. Equivalence of the target and source technical texts is considered as the qualitative criterion. Methods for achieving equivalence and their relevance to the translation of scientific and technical literature are investigated from the perspective of the theory of equivalence.
equivalence, technical translation, scientific and technical text, methods, technical language
- Komissarov V.N. General theory of translation: textbook. M.: CheRo, 2000. 136 p.
- Nida E.A. Toward a science of translating. Leiden: E.J.Brill, 1964. 331 p.
- Newmark P. A textbook of translation. London: Longman, 2005. 292 p.
- Munday J. (ed.). The Routledge companion to translation studies. Oxon: Routledge, 2009. 285 p.
- Nelyubin L.L. Introduction to translation techniques. M.: Flinta, Nauka, 2013. 213 p.
- Retsker Ya.I. Translation theory and translation practice. (5th ed.). M.: Auditoriya, 2016. 244 p.